Monday, August 20, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again


It's been some time since I've posted anything. I've been away this summer and have been quite busy. This summer was a time of learning and growing for me. I've spent the last 12 weeks on Air Force bases learning and ministering as I continue toward my goal of becoming a chaplain.

The ministry was great. I was reminded of just how insulated I can be going attending a Southern Baptist seminary, and working in a Baptist Church. Getting outside of the Christian culture was a real eye-opener in many ways. I value the time that I had and the people I met over the last several weeks. Perhaps in coming days, as I get back into the swing of things here in Fort Worth, I'll share some of the insights and lessons that I was able to glean from my experiences this summer.

And now, after being away for so long, I get to turn back to the task of studying to show myself approved, and making the grades so that I can finish my Seminary Degree (Lord willing) at SWBTS at the end of this academic year.

No comments: