Thursday, March 08, 2007

Testing America's IQ

I've been too long without a post, so this seems like one I can have fun with. I'm not one that generally believes that Americans are stupid, but let's be honest--there are a lot of people who are either uninformed, lazy, or just plain ignorant living among us.

Tonight Fox debuts it's first full episode of a new series entitled, "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" Jeff Foxworthy hosts the show, which challenges contestants to answer questions from fifth grade textbooks. Here's what the network says about the show:
Unlike the typical game show that measures intelligence, ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER? tests adults’ lack of knowledge – as revealed by how much they’ve forgotten since elementary school. Grownups will again find themselves in a classroom setting, revisiting their youth, as they tackle subjects they’ve already been taught, ranging from art to geography and math to social studies. For example, test questions, which are taken from actual textbooks from 1st grade through 5th grade....


I'm curious to see this in action. I think that Jeff Foxworthy himself will make this a fun show, although we'll have to wait and see how it fares in the long run. Will this be worth tuning in? I'm not sure, but I think I'll tune in tonight to give it a look.

No comments: