Saturday, September 08, 2007

Liberty Flames Football - Looking for a good season


I'll be the first to say that I might not be too thrilled about cheering for a team called the "flames" especially with all the negative connotations today of "flaming" things. However, what I am excited about is the possibility of a winning season for my alma mater's football team.
It's Coach Danny Rocco's second season at Liberty and the program is growing into something that I and other LU alumni can be proud of.

After last week's win in our opener against Tusculum (38-14), I'm anxious to see what the Flames can do against Shippensburg tonight. Oh how great it would be to have a winning football team to cheer for!

UPDATE:
I am not disappointed! Liberty wins 35-14, making us 2-0 and off to a good start for the season!

No comments: